Discover Lake Te Anau
Fiordland’s Largest Lake May be its Most Underrated Attraction
Lake Te Anau is not just New Zealand’s second largest lake it boasts many attractions that no other NZ lake can offer. Fiordland Water Taxi can get you where you want to go on it and other Fiordland lakes.
Too many people visit Fiordland without exploring Lake Te Anau. The lake offers a waterway for people who want to access Fiordland’s world-renowned wilderness. But it is also a wonderful lake to spend time on, offering stunning views of the sort of scenery that has made Milford Sound a bucket list destination.
- Second largest in NZ
- 65km long & 344 km2
- Fed from 2040 sq. km catchment
- Main Sources: Eglinton, Clinton, Worsley, Glaisnock & Doon Rivers
- Outflow: Upper Waiau River
- Largest of South Island’s glacial lakes
- Arms are the only inland Fiords in NZ – a little known rival to Milford Sound for most stunning Fiordland views.
- Starting points for Milford & Kepler Track – Great Walks
- Glow worm Caves
- Access to Fiordland National Park tracks, fishing & hunting
Lake Te Anau Water Taxi
We can help you get anywhere you need on the lake. Our 8m boat is purpose built to get up to 12 people and their gear across the lake in comfort.
Talk to us about all your recreational and commercial transport needs.
Lake Te Anau Charters
We’d love to share the lake’s many attractions with you. There is so much to see on the lake and lots of fishing to be had. Looking for something to do while you are in Te Anau?
Talk to us about a sightseeing day out including barbeque lunch with tasty local produce.
Lake Te Anau Fishing
Explore New Zealand’s second largest lake with a group of friends or have a family day out. Fish or simply enjoy taking in scenery offered by the lake’s rare inland fiords.
Talk to us about a day or half day out taking advantage of our intimate knowledge of where the the fish are.