Milford Track Water Taxi Service
Contact Fiordland Water Taxi
Getting You & Your Gear to and From Your Fiordland Adventures
Operating on Lake Te Anau and other Fiordland Lakes, Fiordland Water Taxi can get you where you want to go. We’d love to help you get your Fiordland adventure started.
Book or enquire:
Phone: Mark and Christine Wallace on 0800 3474 538
Or use the enquiry form below and we’ll respond within 12 hours.
We offer transport services for all types of Fiordland outdoor adventures
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Simply get in touch and let us know what you’re after – we’ll be able to help.
About Fiordland Water Taxi
Fiordland Water Taxi (FWT) is a Fiordland Outdoors Company (FOC) operation formed when FOC took over the services that Vern Thompson’s Western Safaris previously offered.
Fiordland Outdoors Company is a family company run by Christine and Mark Wallace. Te Anau locals we are passionate about introducing people to the amazing adventures that can be found in the extraordinary place we live in. Catching a ride to your hunting block with FWT … Taking your family out for some jetboat fishing with FishJet … Enjoying a day chasing aggressive Waiau trout with Mark’s Distinctive Fishing Experiences … It’s all about helping you enjoy a Fiordland adventure you won’t forget in a hurry.
Mark Wallace – Chief Skipper
Mark is never more happy than when he’s enjoying Fiordland’s world-renowned wilderness. Hunting, fishing, boating, tramping, guiding … If it happens outdoors Mark is into it. He has many years experience as a commercial crayfisherman on the Fiordland coastline. And more years chasing trout round Southland. A born and bred Southlander, Mark has lived in Te Anau for 20 Years. He loves a good yarn and has the knack of getting on with everyone he meets.
Christine Wallace – Chief Organising Officer
Mother to our trainee guides /skippers, Morgan and Zane, and married to Mark, Christine has lived in Te Anau for 17 years and is another born & bred Southlander. When not carrying out FOC duties — everything from marketing to boat cleaning — she is General Manager of Milford Sound Lodge. When time allows, Christine loves running and tramping – any opportunity to get into the great outdoors of Fiordland.
You Need to Know
- We operate all year round and can take you anywhere you need to go on Lake Te Anau and other large Fiordland lakes.
- Bookings are subject to availability; we recommend booking as early as possible, to avoid disappointment.
- Departures for South Arm of Lake Te Anau destinations will be from Te Anau Boat Harbour. (Parking available.)
- Departures for Middle Arm destinations and further north will be from Te Anau Downs. (Parking available & Transport to Te Anau Downs arranged on request.)
- Maximum number of passengers – 12
- Passengers are asked to register their intentions with a trusted emergency contact.
- Many of the places we can transport you to — including the Milford Track in winter — are for experienced and well-prepared trampers / hikers / hunters. We encourage you to spend some time on DOC’s website, to help you understand and prepare for the challenge you are taking on when you venture into Fiordland’s beautiful wilderness.
- We require full payment prior to your trip departing including your return trip if required and 24 hours’ notice of cancellations.